Unova League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay help please~?

+2
reshiramsama
Cloverlace
6 posters

Go down

Roleplay help please~? Empty Roleplay help please~?

Post  Cloverlace Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Hm~ Well, I've never roleplayed like this before so I'm just a bit confused on how it works here ^.^"
Cloverlace
Cloverlace

Posts Posts : 31
Battle Points Battle Points : 42970

Back to top Go down

Roleplay help please~? Empty Re: Roleplay help please~?

Post  reshiramsama Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:26 pm

what part of it do you not understand?
reshiramsama
reshiramsama
Admin
Admin

Posts Posts : 140
Battle Points Battle Points : 52926

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloverlace Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:41 pm

How does the RP start? Is everyone talking to everyone or is it like multiple characters talking at the same time to each other...? And how do I start roleplaying as well? It would seem a bit weird for my character to just pop in ahaha~
Cloverlace
Cloverlace

Back to top Go down

Post  Monsūn Kaze Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Cloverlace wrote:How does the RP start? Is everyone talking to everyone or is it like multiple characters talking at the same time to each other...? And how do I start roleplaying as well? It would seem a bit weird for my character to just pop in ahaha~

Well, what I can see from your app sheet is that you're a Velan, no?
Well, everyone is rping with someone that joins their rp. Like, I joined by just posting that my character was in Corvus territory and someone - who turned out to be Lumin - decided that they were going to jump in. ^^
So I suggest perhaps you just post wherever territory you'd like to be in, probably prefered to be Vela territory, and wait till someone joins your rp. If no one join, then I'll try to find some way for my character to meet your's, since Cygnus and I are leaving the orphanage currently.
Monsūn Kaze
Monsūn Kaze
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 157
Battle Points Battle Points : 44510

Back to top Go down

Post  reshiramsama Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:02 pm

Cloverlace wrote:How does the RP start? Is everyone talking to everyone or is it like multiple characters talking at the same time to each other...? And how do I start roleplaying as well? It would seem a bit weird for my character to just pop in ahaha~

uhhh ...think of it like a big story

the rp starts itself, you just follow the sort of storyline and play as your character

yes, multiple characters are interacting with each other. two characters can be in the same area. but just because they are, doesn't mean that they have to be speaking to each other. all characters are different, they have different mindsets and priorities, thats what makes them come to life in the story

they can interact with their surroundings, and if another character takes notice of them, they can even interact with other OCs. but you can't control someone elses' OC obviously, such as they cant control yours

if you really dont know how to start off, then read through the RP and look at how other people "jumped" in. a lot of the posts started off in a particular area, and as they moved through the area, they ran into other people, and thats how they started interacting with them

because not everyone is on at the same time, you have to think of the story on pause until the next person replies. essentially, yes, whatever is going on at that time is happening all at once.

take Cygnus for example, he is speaking to Monsun. although our posts are at different times, they are still talking to each other all at once in the same building. Aura and Celeste are in the same building as well, but in a different room, and they are interacting wtih each other , too, at the same time that Monsun and Cygnus are, just in a different place

or even Orin and Lumin, who are in an entirely different area, but still interacting with each other

if you want to make a good post, make sure you use description, thats the best part of RP in my opinion, giving the characters and their surroundings qualities that make them almost realistic
reshiramsama
reshiramsama
Admin
Admin

Posts Posts : 140
Battle Points Battle Points : 52926

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloverlace Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:11 pm

reshiramsama wrote:

uhhh ...think of it like a big story

the rp starts itself, you just follow the sort of storyline and play as your character

yes, multiple characters are interacting with each other. two characters can be in the same area. but just because they are, doesn't mean that they have to be speaking to each other. all characters are different, they have different mindsets and priorities, thats what makes them come to life in the story

they can interact with their surroundings, and if another character takes notice of them, they can even interact with other OCs. but you can't control someone elses' OC obviously, such as they cant control yours

if you really dont know how to start off, then read through the RP and look at how other people "jumped" in. a lot of the posts started off in a particular area, and as they moved through the area, they ran into other people, and thats how they started interacting with them

because not everyone is on at the same time, you have to think of the story on pause until the next person replies. essentially, yes, whatever is going on at that time is happening all at once.

take Cygnus for example, he is speaking to Monsun. although our posts are at different times, they are still talking to each other all at once in the same building. Aura and Celeste are in the same building as well, but in a different room, and they are interacting wtih each other , too, at the same time that Monsun and Cygnus are, just in a different place

or even Orin and Lumin, who are in an entirely different area, but still interacting with each other

if you want to make a good post, make sure you use description, thats the best part of RP in my opinion, giving the characters and their surroundings qualities that make them almost realistic

Thank you~!!!
Cloverlace
Cloverlace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloverlace Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Monsūn Kaze wrote:

Well, what I can see from your app sheet is that you're a Velan, no?
Well, everyone is rping with someone that joins their rp. Like, I joined by just posting that my character was in Corvus territory and someone - who turned out to be Lumin - decided that they were going to jump in. ^^
So I suggest perhaps you just post wherever territory you'd like to be in, probably prefered to be Vela territory, and wait till someone joins your rp. If no one join, then I'll try to find some way for my character to meet your's, since Cygnus and I are leaving the orphanage currently.

Yes I am a Velan >u< and Thank you for the Advice~!!
Cloverlace
Cloverlace

Back to top Go down

Post  ShironaJohanna Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:12 am

Ehm, I have a same problem. I wrote my character in page 13 and I tried to let my character meets Amaisa but it appeared like she didn't reply... I have read all the pages and learned how to jump in but it fail... No one reply me... Crying or Very sad
ShironaJohanna
ShironaJohanna
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 103
Battle Points Battle Points : 43581

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm

ShironaJohanna wrote:Ehm, I have a same problem. I wrote my character in page 13 and I tried to let my character meets Amaisa but it appeared like she didn't reply... I have read all the pages and learned how to jump in but it fail... No one reply me... Crying or Very sad

Maybe you could ask someone who hasn't posted or is also having trouble rp'ing with someone. I posted early on so it was easy for me... but if I had to jump in now it would be near the shrine or with taiga, genji, and peyton depending on what clan you are in.
Gerard
Gerard
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 185
Battle Points Battle Points : 44433

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Amaisa does take a while to reply. I think i had a character move her inside anyways. You could go into the orphanage since the NPC's there are welcoming. Smile
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Posts Posts : 330
Battle Points Battle Points : 46117

Back to top Go down

Post  ShironaJohanna Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:05 am

Gerard wrote:
ShironaJohanna wrote:Ehm, I have a same problem. I wrote my character in page 13 and I tried to let my character meets Amaisa but it appeared like she didn't reply... I have read all the pages and learned how to jump in but it fail... No one reply me... Crying or Very sad

Maybe you could ask someone who hasn't posted or is also having trouble rp'ing with someone. I posted early on so it was easy for me... but if I had to jump in now it would be near the shrine or with taiga, genji, and peyton depending on what clan you are in.
thank you for your advice!^^
ShironaJohanna
ShironaJohanna
Vela
Vela

Back to top Go down

Post  ShironaJohanna Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:29 am

So... I have to go to the orphanage or... should I go to the Arceus shrine to meet everyone?
ShironaJohanna
ShironaJohanna
Vela
Vela

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum